The Most Important Meal of the Day
Why is breakfast important?
Breakfast is the one thing that millions of people skip daily. What they don’t realize is they are missing out on a major source of fuel that gives them the energy they need to make it through the workday. Breakfast not only increases energy, but it also increases alertness and suppresses mid-morning cravings.
The kind of breakfast you eat matters
This is the first food you are eating for the day, so you want to make sure it is something that is balanced and includes carbohydrates such as whole grains or fruit, protein, vegetables, or dairy. You want to make this meal count because it will dictate how the rest of your day goes.
How to prep for success:
Organize everything the night before
Such as getting out the pans needed or mixing the waffle/pancake batter together that night.
2. Set an alarm 10 minutes earlier
I know we love to sleep in and snooze the alarm clock, however getting up just a little bit earlier gives you enough time for a delicious morning meal.
3. Make your breakfast to go
You could make muffins ahead of time and freeze them or you can make a smoothie and put it in a to go cup.
Here are some ideas to start your day off right!
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen
- 1 c mango fresh or frozen
- 1 c pineapple fresh or frozen
- 3 c spinach
- 1-2 c milk
1. Add all ingredients to a blender
2. Blend until creamy
- 1 heaping cup packed dates
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon